Thursday, March 31, 2011

...so my grandfather told me

“It was 1832, on a night just like this...” - a quote taken from one of my favorite movies, National Treasure. I was watching National Treasure the other night and I got to thinking: how many grandparents have stories nearing or exceeding a hundred years old. I mean, if we think about it, many of the grandparents today fought in a war or had a grandparent of their own who fought in a war. What stories do they have hidden away? While they probably don’t have Freemason-hidden-maps-on-the-back-of-the-Declaration-of-Independence-stories, I bet they have something much more valuable for their grandkids - real-life stories of how America fights for its independence and protects those countries who cannot fight for themselves. Our grandparents, who have stories that their grandparents have told them about Pearl Harbor, Desert Storm and other such tragedies, are invaluable and best told only from their own mouths, in their words, the way they remember being told. 
Memens can help keep oral tradition what it was meant to be - stories past down from generation to generation. Only now, the stories can be passed down and told by those who started them, and shared with those who were never able to hear the them in-person. 

For more about Memens, visit us at www.memens.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment