Thursday, October 20, 2011

MCMXIV - Full Steam Ahead!

In 1914, Ford Motor Company announced the 8-hour workday. Babe Ruth made his major league baseball debut with the Red Sox! The Panama Canal was inaugurated. George Reeves was born. FDR Jr. was born. And, my neighbor, a 97 year old woman, was born. She drives (and yes, she drives well!). She has two dogs, 6 cats, and a salt water fish tank. I nearly had a heart attack when I watched her climb a 4 step ladder to feed the fish! She takes care of herself, her pets, and still manages to put her 'two cents' into the company that her husband built before he passed. But, how does she do it?

That's what I'd like to know! She is the powerhouse of all powerhouse women. Her legacy is worth all the recording time in the world. So, how do we enable her story to be shared? I guess I need to talk to her children and grandchildren and tell them about Memens and what a wonderful documentary we can build for their family.

Do you know someone who deserves to be documented in video? I challenge you to tell someone about Memens this week. Tell them how their 97-year-old grandmother's legacy can be immortalized!

For more information about video documentaries, visit www.memens.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment